Morning Runs Free the Mind

I woke up this morning with the itch to just run…run away from my current situation, book a flight anywhere but here, but I decided to put my shoes on and head out the door. Nothing feels better than a morning run. I have bad knees but I said “what the heck” with it, I have 2 week old shoes that should help support them a little better, so why not?

I have a trailhead literally two houses down from my house, so I took advantage of that this morning. I ran and let in all the sounds of the trees blowing in the wind, the birds chirping, the gravel beneath my feet and the squirrels running along me. I didn’t even use my headphones, I didn’t need them. It was too beautiful out, the air was cold and crisp and it allowed me to really feel how small I am on this planet.

God has a plan for everyone. You may have the happiest life right now or the worst life, but if you can wake up every morning and be grateful for your legs, your feet, your beating heart: well that is all that should matter. When I run I let go of everything that bothers me or hurts me. I am one small human on this planet and I should be lucky to be able to run into all this beautiful nature right outside my own house. When you are grateful for what you have, you forget the things you don’t have. You can’t control the things out of your control, but you can control your thoughts and what you do with the life you have. This is important to remember. Anyway, here are some pictures from my run:)

About these ads
16 comments
  1. Beautifully said!

• :)

2. flujan said:

Absolutely beautiful… Running is the best way to feel good- things will get better. I have been feeling the same. The paths we are afforded are often long, steep, and not sightly. We can both try and stay positive! Fitness helps…. Nice post!

• There are many workouts and many ways to feel good but I agree…running makes me feel farther away mentally and it’s just an amazing way to let go. Its good to know that I am not alone though:)

• flujan said:

Hi Tiare….. I wrote a post that I want you to see…
        Felicia :) Have a good weekend gurl!

3. Beautiful morning! I can’t run anymore, but I find being able to be outdoors, breathing and being thankful is wonderful therapy. Thanks for the healthy reminders–Barb

• i have bad knees. i shouldn’t even be running but i just love it so much!

4. Henry Runs said:

Very well said and a good reminder when heading out on the road to run with joy!

• hope you had a great run:)

5. 55usblog said:

Great post. This reminds me of Jim Carey and Zooey Deschanel in the movie, Yes Man. She leads a group of runners who carry cameras and take pictures as they run. Funny movie.

• i can’t believe i haven’t seen it! hahaha but i did find it funny that i took this many pictures with my phone while on a run!

• 55usblog said:

If you like Jim carey (or Zooey) you have to see it. Very funny and has some life meaning in it too.

• i will have to watch it. i remember the previews and i sometimes feel like Yes Man is the concept of my blog

• 55usblog said:

You only live once…I think. :)

• haha so true so true!